There will be a scheduled StreetLight InSight update on Thursday, Jan 10th, 2019 from approximately 6pm PT until 11pm PT. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. Note that large Projects that are still running during the deploy of this release will be restarted once the deploy completes.
In addition to the usual bug fixes and performance improvements, this StreetLight InSight release includes several important updates:
Introducing Multi Mode Analytics for Bicycles and Pedestrians
- StreetLight InSight is introducing Multi Mode Travel Analytics for bicycle and pedestrian transportation projects. Users now can measure bicycle and pedestrian trips by designing and visualizing origin-destination and aggregate activity analytics for bicycles and pedestrians in the US and Canada.
- We have combined machine learning and heuristics to develop proprietary hybrid algorithms to identify walking and biking activity. The algorithms have been trained, tested and validated using multi-app locational data, mode-specific app data, in-road sensors, and video readers. Click here to learn more.
- Bicycle mode is available for Origin-Destination, Origin-Destination with Middle Filter, and Zone Activity Analyses. Pedestrian mode is available for Origin-Destination and Zone Activity Analyses for non-Pass-through Zones in this release.
- Users will be able to run analyses on May 2017 and June 2018 in this version. More months are coming soon. Trip and Traveler Attributes can also be configured in the project options.
- StreetLight Multi Mode Analytics is available to clients with Multi Mode Subscriptions to StreetLight InSight. For more details, please contact your StreetLight Data representative.
Updated OSM Layer
- StreetLight InSight now includes the latest OSM version as well as bicycle and pedestrian trails and pavements. This update can be viewed in Zone modal windows.
- This update will help you draw more accurate Zones for use in all Projects, including the Multi Mode Projects.
Simplification to Zone Counts for Project Subscriptions
- New Project Subscriptions (formerly known as Pay-Per-Use Subscriptions) will have quotas based on the number of unique Zones used across all Projects rather than on a per Project basis.
- A unique Zone can be used in as many Projects as needed.
- Upon confirming a Project, a new confirmation window will display the number of unique Zones available, previously used, and to be used in the Project.
- Counters display on the top right side of the screen show the number of unique Zones for both the Project Subscriptions and Marketing Subscriptions (by Study).
LBS Data Source: End of Support
- As previously announced, starting in January, 2019 StreetLight InSight will no longer offer our original LBS data as an option for O-D Analysis, O-D to Pre-set Geography, and Zone Activity Analysis.
- The LBS with Pass-through Data Source works on all types of Zones and is the data source of choice for all personal analyses.
- All existing O-D Analysis and Zone Activity Analysis Projects in your account that use this original LBS Data Source will still be available for download and visualization.
- O-D and Zone Activity Projects created with the original LBS and LBS with Pass-through data sources are not comparable. If you wish to do comparison across projects, we suggest that you re-run your LBS projects using LBS with Pass-through.
- Keep in mind after January 2019, all issues discovered with downloads and visualizations for O-D Analysis and Zone Activity Analysis Projects using this original LBS data may not be fixed, but do not hesitate to reach out if you do encounter a problem.
- Visitor Home and Work Analyses will still use the LBS Data Source and are not affected by this change.
New Data Month
- October 2018 data are now available for the LBS with Pass-through data source.
Please reach out to your account manager with any questions about this update, or subscribe to the StreetLight Data blog to stay up-to-speed on the latest news.
As always, we are interested in hearing any questions or feedback you may have, and we hope you enjoy using StreetLight InSight!