Unfortunately, you can't combine or compare the personal and commercial indexes together as they are each on a different scale. We normalize our personal indexes using external data for personal trips, and we normalize our commercial indexes using different external data for commercial trips. Depending on the different normalization factors used, either personal or commercial would be under or over represented. It would be like combining US dollars with Canadian dollars.
Articles in this section
- What is the StL Index?
- What is the difference between the Origin-Destination Traffic Index and the various Zone Traffic Index values?
- How do I interpret trips with the same origin and destination?
- Why are the number of trips normalized on an index?
- How does the StL Index differ from the sample trip count?
- How do you normalize GPS data?
- How do you normalize LBS data?
- Can I compare or combine Personal and Commercial Index Values?
- Can I compare Bicycle, Pedestrian, and Vehicular Metrics to each other?
- Where can I find the Project Sample Size?