It is hard to validate something that’s never been comprehensively measured before. So we look for examples of measurement and validate our analytics against those known or widely accepted values. For example, we have compared our transportation load to the load curve on certain loops from California PEMS system with extremely high correlation. We've compared our home footprint to census data in Florida, learn more from our blog post. We’ve also compared our results to trip purpose results from household travel surveys, our O-D to license plate surveys, etc. When our clients allow us, we publish these results. Check out the Validation section of our blog to learn more.
Articles in this section
- What regions do you provide Metrics for?
- What types of travel patterns do your Metrics describe?
- How is the data processed?
- Can I process my own data in StreetLight InSight?
- How does your trip sample differ from your device sample?
- How frequently does your data update?
- How do you validate your results?
- How do you decide when a trip starts and ends?
- How large is your sample? What is your rate of penetration?
- How do you know if a device is Commercial or Personal in your Navigation-GPS data?