Dear StreetLight InSight® User:
There will be a scheduled StreetLight InSight update on Tuesday, May 8th from approximately 6pm PT until 11pm PT. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. Note that large Projects that are still running during the deploy of this release will be restarted once the deploy completes.
In addition to the usual bug fixes and performance improvements, tomorrow's StreetLight InSight release includes several important updates:
New Interactive Visualizations for Several Project Types
- We have created the first iteration of our new visualization builder based on customer feedback. Our new interactive visualization builder is now available for the following Project Types:
- Origin-Destination Analysis
- Origin-Destination with Middle Filter Projects
- Zone Activity Analysis
- Origin-Destination to Pre-set Geography
- Segment Analysis
- Congestion Analysis
- The new interactive visualization builder shows charts side-by-side with heat maps, as well as other new improvements. However, our original visualization builder is still acessible and will not be phased out until all Project Types are available for it. We would greatly appreciate your feedback as we continue to develop the new tool.
- Access the new visualization builder can from a unique icon on the left-hand navigation bar. Once you select your Project, a spinner will appear indicating that your visualization is loading.
- Note that some Projects are not available visualization with the new interactive builder even though their Project Types are available. These include:
- Origin-Destination to Preset Geography Projects that have empty Metrics .CSV files.
- Older Location-Based Services Projects with Trip Purpose Metrics that do not also have Demographics Metrics. These are Projects that were created before Premium Add-On Travel Attributes Metrics were available for this data source.
- Note that we are still developing and improving the interactive visualization builder. If you experience difficulties or encounter unexpected issues, contact Support at email@example.com.
Calibration Feature Now Available for the Location-Based Services with Pass-Through Data Source
- The Calibration Feature can now be used with Projects derived from Location-Based Services with Pass-Through data. This feature allows users to automatically estimate traffic counts by uploading local count data in Calibration Zone Sets.
- The functionality is similar to calibration with Navigation-GPS data. Note the following conditions for use of this feature:
- Zones must be Pass-Through
- Zones must be uploaded with AADT/ADT or AAWDT/AWDT values
- The calibration factor scales StreetLight Index values, not on raw trip counts. This essentially converts “person trips” to “vehicle trips.”
- Please visit our Support Center for more details and a tutorial for using this feature.
Usability Improvements for Line Zone Sets
- We have made several improvements to the visualization of Line Zone Sets so that they are now cleaner and easier to see. Depending on the level of magnification, Zones are represented by pins, segments, and, where applicable, direction arrows at the middle gate.
- Users can now “reverse” a line segment. This will swap the segment’s start and end gates and directionality.
- When editing a line segment, additional colors are used to increase the visibility of the segment of interest.
Ability to Copy Existing Projects
- Users can now create copies of existing Projects from the “All Projects” tab.
- Simply click the “copy” button on the “All Projects” tab, and a new Project with that exact configuration will open in the “Create Projects” tab.
- From there, users can adjust Project Options as needed; for example, changing the Data Period, changing the Data Source, etc.
Improved Configuration for Hourly Analyses
- Users can now automatically add twenty-four one-hour Day Parts representing each hour of the day to Projects.
- To apply this setting, navigate to the “Day Parts” tab in “Standard Options” when creating a Project. Then, click the button that reads “Set to Hourly Analysis.”
- Please note that using this setting will overwrite existing Day Part selections.
New Months of Data for Travel Projects
- Mar ’18 data are now available for both LBS and navigation-GPS data sources.
- May ’16 – Feb ‘ 17 data are now available for the LBS with Pass Through data source.
Please reach out to your account manager with any questions about this update, or subscribe to the StreetLight Data blog to stay up-to-speed on the latest news.
As always, we are interested in hearing any questions or feedback you may have, and we hope you enjoy using StreetLight InSight!
The StreetLight Data Support Team