On Wednesday July 10th, StreetLight InSight version 5.6 was made available to all users. In addition to the usual bug fixes and performance improvements, this StreetLight InSight release includes several important updates:
Drawing Line Zones within StreetLight InSight
- You can now draw new Line Zones within StreetLight InSight. The process is similar to drawing polygon Zones. All Line Zones must be pass-through. To learn more about how to draw a line segment check out this article [LINK LINE SEGMENT ARTICLE HERE]
- When creating new Zone Sets, you will now see a new dropdown menu for “Zone Type.” Select either “Line” or “Polygon.” All of the Zones in your Zone Set must be the same type.
- You also have the option to select the Road Type from the following options for each Zone in your Zone Set: Primary, Secondary, Local, and Ramp.
Major Improvements and Enhancements for Interactive Visualizations
- All Project Types and Premium Attributes are now available for interactive visualization, with the exception of Visitor Home-Work Projects. To learn how to use our interactive visualization check out our article [LINK TO INTERACTIVE VISUALIZATIONS]
- You can use the interactive visualization builder to create charts for Premium Trip and Traveler Attributes.
- Each Project will have up to three different visualization sheets. These sheets are named Basic Project Metrics, Premium Trip/Traveler Attributes, and Advanced Visualization.
- Interactive visualizations are now faster to generate for individual Projects.
Introducing A New Interactive Visualization: Chord Diagrams
- We have introduced a new type of interactive visualization: Chord diagrams. They are available for Origin-Destination and Origin-Destination with Middle Filter Projects on the new “Advanced Visualization” sheet.
- Chord diagrams allow you to visualize traffic volume (StreetLight Index) between all origin and destination pairs in a Project.
Support for Bidirectionality in Shapefiles
- The field “is_bidi” for bidirectional Zones in shapefiles is now supported. It will be passed to StreetLight InSight during the shapefile upload process.
- The “is_bidi” flag will be applied to pass-through polygon and line Zones as appropriate.
Data API Updated and Expanded
- Our data API now supports selection of “Type of Travel” for Project creation as well as the LBS with Pass-Through data source.
Algorithm Update for Location-Based Services with Pass-through Data
- This algorithm update impacts Origin-Destination with Middle Filter Analysis Projects that have pass-through Origin and Destination Zones.
- The update corrects a back-end processing error that negatively impacted results.
- For questions, please contact the StreetLight Data Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Months of Data for Travel Projects
- May ’18 data are now available for our navigation-GPS data source.
- Jan ’18, Feb ’18, and Mar ’18 data are now available for our Location-Based Services with Pass-Through data source.
As always, we are interested in hearing any questions or feedback you may have, and we hope you enjoy using StreetLight InSight!