On August 7th, 2018, StreetLight InSight version 5.7 was made available to all users. In addition to the usual bug fixes and performance improvements, this StreetLight InSight release includes several important updates.
New Menu Design and User Interface Updates
- The left-hand navigation menu is now accessible by clicking the menu icon (in the upper left corner of StreetLight InSight. Click the menu icon ("☰") to expand the menu and navigate the platform.
- This change makes better use of the application on smaller screens, particularly for interactive visualizations.
New Calibration Option: Scale to Estimated Counts with StreetLight AADT
- We have updated our Calibration Feature with a new option to use StreetLight AADT to scale StreetLight Index values to estimated traffic counts. This allows you to scale to estimated counts without uploading local sensor data.
- To enable this feature, there is a new drop-down menu to “Select Calibration Type” on the “Create Projects” tab. To learn more about calibration read our article How to Get Estimated Counts.
- Note that the option to use StreetLight AADT for calibration is currently limited to accounts with Gold Subscriptions and above and is available for US Projects only. For more information, please contact your sales representative.
New Interactive Visualizations for Visitor Home-Work Projects
- Visitor Home-Work Projects are now available in our interactive visualization tool. This feature is currently available for Projects with 250 Zones or fewer.
- Users can use the interactive visualization tool to analyze the home and work locations of visitors and the distribution of visitors across different day types and day parts.
Customizable Day Types
- Users can now customize up to 7 different types of weekday and weekend days. Single days or multiple consecutive days can be analyzed.
Cancel Projects in “In Coverage Review” or “In Size Review” Status
- Users can now cancel Projects that are in “In Coverage Review” or “In Size Review” status while it is still waiting review by the StreetLight Data Support Team.
- Projects cancelled from review status will not proceed with the review process.
- Even after a project is cancelled, it still counts towards your project quota.
New Months of Data
- Jun ’18 data are now available for our navigation-GPS data source.
- Apr ‘18 data are now available for our Location-Based Services with Pass-Through data source.
- May ’18 and Jun ’18 data are now available for our Location-Based Services Data Source.
As always, we are interested in hearing any questions or feedback you may have, and we hope you enjoy using StreetLight InSight!