Dear StreetLight InSight® User:
There will be a scheduled StreetLight InSight update on Tuesday, February 20th from 12pm PT until approximately 3am PT on Wednesday, February 21st. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. This deployment will take longer than usual because we are introducing several major product enhancements. Note that large Projects that are still running during the deploy of this release will be restarted once the deploy completes.
In addition to the usual bug fixes and performance improvements, tomorrow's StreetLight InSight release includes a new look and feel for our log-in screen and several important updates:
New Congestion Analysis: Our Most Advanced Feature To Date
- Our New Congestion Analysis combines several types of Projects with Interactive Visualizations. It helps users identify the cause of congestion and evaluate potential travel demand management solutions.
- Our Congestion Analysis is the first of many forthcoming features designed for better storytelling with Big Data. The goal is to help users put Big Data to work for congestion management.
- The Congestion Analysis is included with all Consultant Subscriptions and select Regional Subscriptions. Contact your StreetLight Data representative for more details. If you're interested in using our Congestion Analysis, attend our upcoming training session on March 1st at 1pm PT. Click here to register: https://www.streetlightdata.com/congestion-analysis-training
- To learn more about the Congestion Analysis, click here to watch our recorded webinar and demo: https://www.streetlightdata.com/congestion-analysis-recording
Improved and Expanded Metrics for Canada
- Premium Add-On Demographics are now available for Visitor Home-Work Projects in Canada. Our demographic data provider for Canada is Manifold Data Mining.
- Premium Add-On Traveler Attributes, which include Demographics and Home-Work Trip Purpose, are now available for Origin-Destination Analysis and Zone Activity Analysis Project Types in Canada.
- We’ve also made major improvements to the algorithms for Visitor Home-Work Analysis Projects.
- These Projects will now deliver a more comprehensive set of Metrics for Home and Work Places in all locations. However, the greatest improvements will be in Canada, particularly around Montreal.
- As a result of these algorithm changes, StreetLight Index values will change for Metrics from these Project Types: Visitor Home-Work Analysis, O-D Analysis, and O-D to Preset Geography Analysis. While Index values for US Projects will be affected, the biggest changes will be in Canada.
Traveler Attributes Based on Location-Based Services (LBS) Data Available in the US
- Demographics are now available for US Origin-Destination Analysis and Zone Activity Analysis Projects from LBS data. Previously, Home-Work Trip Purpose was the only Premium Add-On Metric for these Projects.
- To add Demographics to these Projects, use the “Traveler Attributes” check box under “Premium Add-On Metrics." Note that Trip Purpose will be automatically included with Demographics as part of the Traveler Attributes bundle.
- Demographics are still available as a Premium Add-On Metric for US Visitor-Home Work Projects.
New Months of Data
- Navigation-GPS Data for Dec. ’17 are now available.
- Location-Based Services Data for Nov ’17 and Dec ’17 are now available.
Please reach out to your account manager with any questions about this update, or subscribe to the StreetLight Data blog to stay up-to-speed on the latest news.
As always, we are interested in hearing any questions or feedback you may have, and we hope you enjoy using StreetLight InSight!
The StreetLight Data Support Team