Dear StreetLight InSight® User:
There will be a scheduled StreetLight InSight update on Tuesday, June 6th from approximately 6pm to 12am PT. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. In addition to bug fixes and performance improvements, this StreetLight InSight release includes several important updates:
New Metric – StreetLight Volume: 2016 AADT
- Our new 2016 AADT Metrics provide an estimated count of the average number of vehicles that used a road per day in 2016. Contact your StreetLight Data representative to add this Metric to your account.
- This Metric is based on multiple data sources, including data from hundreds of well-validated continuous counts. To learn more, sign up for our webinar on June 16th at 12pm PT. Click here to register.
- To run these Metrics, use the new “Estimated 2016 AADT Values” project type. You must use pass-through road segment Zones, or “gates,” that are smaller than 40,000 sq. meters. Directionality is not yet supported.
- A maximum of 100,000 Zones can be used per project. StreetLight Volume: 2016 AADT Metrics are available for roads with approximately 400 or more trips per day.
Built-In Quality Assurance Checks for Your Zones
- Most users know that StreetLight InSight projects will occasionally go “into review.” This often occurs when a user wants to study trips that pass through a specific Zone, but that Zone is not a designated as a “pass-through” Zone in StreetLight InSight.
- StreetLight InSight will now alert you with when you create a Zone Set that has “questionable” Zones. You will see this alert when creating the Zone Set and on the Manage Zone Sets tab.
- This alert is triggered when a Zone is smaller than 10,000 sq. meters and is not marked “pass-through," or when a Zone is larger than 50,000 sq. meters and is marked “pass-through.”
- The alerts will not prevent you from using these Zone Sets in projects.
New Data Source for Origin-Destination by Pre-set Geography Projects
- You can now use our Location-Based Services (LBS) data for Origin-Destination (O-D) by Pre-set Geography projects.
- LBS Data can only be used for projects that do not contain pass-through Zones.
- This project type allows you to run O-D matrices for set of Zones with either TAZs, ZIPs, or Census Block Groups. Contact your StreetLight Data representative to add this Metric or the LBS data source to your account.
- We strongly recommend you explore this data source. One of our recent blog posts explains why Location-Based Services data has better spatial precision than cellular tower data while providing a similar sample size. Click here to read the post.
New Navigation-GPS and Location-Based Services Data
- LBS data for March ‘17, Dec '16, Nov '16, Jun '16, and May '16 are now available for Travel Metrics. There is no change to the Standard Site Metrics which remain with September, 2016 only.
- Navigation-GPS data for April '17 are now available for Travel and Premium Site Metrics.
Please reach out to your account manager with any questions about this update, or subscribe to the StreetLight Data blog to stay up-to-speed on the latest news.
As always, we are interested in hearing any questions or feedback you may have, and we hope you enjoy using StreetLight InSight!
The StreetLight Data Support Team