On June 5th, 2018, StreetLight InSight version 5.5 was made available to all users. In addition to the usual bug fixes and performance improvements, this StreetLight InSight release includes several important updates:
Simplified Data Source Selection for Projects with New “Wizard” Workflow
- We have made it easier to select your Data Source when creating new Projects.
- To create a Project, you will first choose your Project Type as usual.
- Next, you will move to a new field named “Travel Type.” Select “Commercial” to analyze commercial truck travel patterns and “Personal” to analyze personal travel patterns.
- Only the types of travel available for the Project Type you selected will appear in the “Travel Type” drop down menu. They are listed below for your reference:
- Project Types available for both personal and commercial travel: Origin-Destination, Origin-Destination with Middle Filter, Zone Activity Analysis, and Segment Analysis.
- Project Types available for personal travel only: Visitor Home-Work Analysis.
- Project Types for both personal and commercial travel combined: AADT, Traffic Diagnostics. (As noted below, “Congestion Analysis” has been renamed “Traffic Diagnostics.)
- Note: You must now run two separate Projects to analyze commercial and personal trips. Commercial Metrics are not automatically provided with every Project.
- Finally, choose your data source. It will default to our recommended data source for your Project based your selections. However, depending your selections, other options may be available in the drop-down menu.
- Note: The only data source available for commercial travel is Navigation-GPS Data. All data sources are available for personal travel, listed here in order of preference: Location-Based Services with Pass-Through, Location-Based Services, and Navigation-GPS.
- For more guidance on choosing a Data Source, visit the How-To Guidein our Support Center.
Now Available in Canada: Origin-Destination to Preset Geography Projects
- This Project Type is now available in Canada. It allows you to scan travel patterns from your designated Zones of analysis to all dissemination areas.
- The output of this Project Type is O-D matrices for trips between your Zones and any dissemination area identified in the analysis.
Premium Trip and Traveler Attributes Now Available for O-D to Preset Geography Projects
- Premium Trip and Traveler Attributes are now available for these Projects. They are provided for both the Zones of analysis and all O-D pairs.
- Note that these Attributes are not provided for the pre-set geography as Total Zone Metrics.
Congestion Analysis Projects are Now Called “Traffic Diagnostics”
- The Congestion Analysis Project Type has been renamed “Traffic Diagnostics” through all of StreetLight InSight, including downloads and visualizations. The name change will impact existing Projects. To learn more about Traffic Diagnostics read this article [LINK TRAFFIC DIAGNOSTICS ARTICLE]
- We’ve changed the name to more accurately reflect the capabilities of this tool. Read this blog article for our latest demo video and more information.
Interactive Visualizations for AADT Projects
- Interactive visualizations are now available for AADT Projects. Learn how our new interactive visualization tool works in the How-To Guide in our Support Center.
Easier Support Center Access
- The “Help” button in the main navigation menu of StreetLight InSightnow directs to the Support Center on our website.
New Months of Data for Travel Projects
- January ’16 – April ’16 data are now available for Location-Based Services with Pass-Through data source.
- April ’18 data are now available for both Location-Based Services and Navigation-GPS data sources.
As always, we are interested in hearing any questions or feedback you may have, and we hope you enjoy using StreetLight InSight!