Dear StreetLight InSight® User:
There will be a scheduled StreetLight InSight update on Thursday, January 11thfrom approximately 6pm to 12am PT. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. Note that large Projects that are still running during the deploy of this release will be restarted once the deploy completes.
In addition to bug fixes and performance improvements, tomorrow night’s StreetLight InSight release includes several important updates:
Improved Project Sample Size Metrics Available for All Accounts
- We have activated the Project Sample Size Metric for all accounts by default. Previously, this feature was only available by special request because it slowed Project processing times.
- Sample Size Metrics .CSV files are now automatically available for every new Project run after this release. These sample size estimates are calculated differently for our different data sources:
- For Navigation-GPS data: Sample size indicates the number of unique vehicle trips in the StreetLight Data database that were analyzed for the Project and its Data Period.A trip is only counted in the sample size if it meets all of the parameters defined both in the Project Options and the Zone Set structure (i.e.: for pass-through Zones, only trips that pass through those Zones are included).
- For Location-Based Services data: Sample size indicates the total number of unique devices in the StreetLight Data database across all Zones in this Project for this Data Period. Devices are counted for Origin Zones if they have at least one trip that starts in that Zone. Devices are counted for Destination Zones if they have at least one trip that ends in that Zone.
- Users who previously had access to this Metric should note that we updated our algorithms to improve processing times and improve accuracy. They no longer reflect all trips and devices that “touch” the Zones of a Project and instead are more precise estimates as described above. For questions or to discuss these changes in greater detail, contact Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Months of Data
- Navigation-GPS Data for Nov. ’17 are now available.
- Location-Based Services Data for Oct. ’17 are now available.
Please reach out to your account manager with any questions about this update, or subscribe to the StreetLight Data blog to stay up-to-speed on the latest news.
As always, we are interested in hearing any questions or feedback you may have, and we hope you enjoy using StreetLight InSight!
The StreetLight Data Support Team