Dear StreetLight InSight® User:
There will be a scheduled StreetLight InSight update on Thursday, March 15th from approximately 6pm PT until 11pm PT. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. Note that large Projects that are still running during the deploy of this release will be restarted once the deploy completes.
In addition to the usual bug fixes and performance improvements, tomorrow's StreetLight InSight release includes several important updates:
New Data Source: Location-Based Services Data with Pass-Through
- We developed a new processing methodology for Location-Based Services (LBS) data. This new approach to processing LBS data has all of the technical advantages of our previous Location-Based Services data, but with added functionality for pass-through trips and Road Segment Zones.
- It is available for all accounts that have access to LBS data for the following Project Types: Origin-Destination, Origin-Destination with Middle Filter, Zone Activity, Segment Analysis, and Origin-Destination to Preset Geography. Premium Add-On Traveler Attributes Metrics are also available.
- Currently, only three months of LBS with Pass-Through data are available: April ’17, May ’17, and June ’17. More months will be added as we process and test the data.
- Project results will be similar (in ratio or percentages) to Projects run with our original LBS data source and with navigation-GPS data. However, the StreetLight Index values are not comparable because these data resources are all processed differently.
- Our original LBS data source, which can only be used with Area Zones (and not Pass-Through Zones), is still available.
- We encourage you to test and play with this new data source!
New Months of Data
- Navigation-GPS data for Jan. ’18 are now available.
- Location-Based Services data for Jan ’18 are now available. Note: This additional month is only available for our original LBS data source, not the new LBS with Pass-Through data source described above.
New Default Data Period
- The default months for all navigation-GPS and our original Location-Based Services Projects have been updated.
- For Navigation-GPS, the default months are January through December ‘17.
- For Location-Based Services, the default months are April ’17, May’ 17, September ’17, and October ’17 – essentially, an average of 2017.
- As a reminder, we recommend using no more than 6 months of LBS data and no more than 12 months of navigation-GPS data in Projects.
Improved Congestion Analysis Visualizations
- We have continued to improve our interactive visualizations tool. Several updates have been made to improve stability and usability.
Please reach out to your account manager with any questions about this update, or subscribe to the StreetLight Data blog to stay up-to-speed on the latest news.
As always, we are interested in hearing any questions or feedback you may have, and we hope you enjoy using StreetLight InSight!
The StreetLight Data Support Team