Dear StreetLight InSight® User:
There will be a scheduled StreetLight InSight update on Wednesday, September 6th from approximately 6pm to 12am PT. In addition, StreetLight InSight will be offline for maintenance on Friday, September 8th from approximately 6pm to 12am PT. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. In addition to bug fixes and performance improvements, tomorrow night’s StreetLight InSight release includes several important updates:
Line Segment Shapefiles Now Supported for Zones
- StreetLight InSight now accepts line segment shapefiles. Previously, only polygon shapefiles were supported.
- When you upload line segment shapefiles for your Zones, StreetLight InSight will automatically convert them to “gate” polygons that are perpendicular to the road.
- Zones created from line segment shapefiles cannot be edited manually with StreetLight InSight. To make changes to these Zones, download the shapefile for the generated gates from StreetLight InSight, make the changes in your preferred GIS tool, and then upload the edited polygons to StreetLight InSight.
Visualizations for Premium Trip Attributes in Zone Activity Projects
- Premium Trip Attributes that are added on to Zone Activity Analysis Projects can now be visualized in StreetLight InSight.
- You can toggle between the different Metrics and the bins for each Metric using the StreetLight InSight visualization builder.
Projects Can Now Be Renamed
- Projects can now be renamed in StreetLight InSight.
- If you rename a large Project, downloads may take longer than expected because the Metrics files must be regenerated.
New Location-Based Services Data for the US and Canada
- Location-Based Services (LBS) data for Canada is now available for Origin-Destination and Zone Activity Analysis Projects. Previously, LBS data was only available for the US.
- June 2017 is the only month of LBS data currently available for Canada. We plan to add more months of data in future releases.
- When using LBS data, all Zones in your Project must be located in either the US or in Canada. It is not possible to run a Project using LBS data if it mixes Zones from both countries.
- Zone Sets are now automatically labeled as “US” or “Canada” to accommodate this update.
- June 2017 LBS data is now available for the US as well.
New Navigation-GPS Data
- Navigation-GPS data for July 2017 is now available for Travel and Premium Site Metrics. Please note that all months of navigation-GPS data are available for both Canada and the US.
Please reach out to your StreetLight Data representative with any questions about this update, or subscribe to the StreetLight Data blog to stay up-to-speed on the latest news.
As always, we are interested in hearing any questions or feedback you may have, and we hope you enjoy using StreetLight InSight!
The StreetLight Data Support Team