Dear StreetLight InSight® User:
There will be a scheduled StreetLight InSight update on Thursday, May 4thfrom approximately 6pm to 12am PT. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. In addition to bug fixes and performance improvements, this StreetLight InSight release includes several important updates:
New Visualizations and Visualization Builder Improvements
- Map and chart visualizations are now available for both Premium Trip Attributes Metrics and Visitor Home and Work Metrics.
- The Visualization Builder has been reorganized and now includes more options for selecting Projects, Metrics, Zones, and Time Periods.
Streamlined Travel Project Creation
- We have instituted minor user interface changes in the “Create Projects” tab that make selecting a data source easier. When you create a project, first select your “Project Type” from the dropdown menu. Next, select your data source. Only data sources that are applicable to the project type that you selected will appear. Selecting a project tag (if applicable) is now the last step.
- We have renamed “Premium A: Trip Attributes” and “Premium B: Traveler Attributes” to "Premium Trip Attributes" and "Premium Traveler Attributes." You will see this change in the “Create Projects” tab and in all other places where these terms appear.
Visitor Home and Work Analysis Travel: Custom Day Types and Day Parts
- Custom Day Types and Day Parts are now available for our new “Visitor Home and Work Analysis” project type. This project type (introduced in our last software release) provides Metrics that describe the likely home and work locations of visitors to specific Zones. To add this project to your account, contact your StreetLight Data Account Executive.
- Previously, two of the Vistor Metrics were only available for limited time periods: work locations were only for Average Weekdays, and tourism were only for the All-Day Day Part. Now both Metrics are available for all time periods.
- The default segmentation for Day Types is as follows:
- Average Day: Monday – Sunday (Note: Unlike the other Day Types, this cannot be customized.)
- Average Weekend: Saturday – Sunday
- Average Weekday: Monday – Friday
- The default segmentation for Day Parts is as follows:
- Morning: 6am – 10am
- Mid-day: 10am – 2pm
- Afternoon: 2pm – 6pm
- Evening: 6pm – 10pm
- Retail Hours: 6am – 10pm
- All Day: 12am – 12am
- Note that the definition of “All Day” for this project type has changed from 6am-10pm. “All-Day” is now defined as 12am-12am for consistency with the default Day Parts for all other travel projects. The new “Retail Hours” Day Part covers 6am-10pm instead.
- Visitor Home and Work Analysis projects run previously are not automatically updated to reflect the new default Day Parts. If you need these values, recreate the project.
New Navigation-GPS and Location-Based Services Data
- Navigation-GPS data for March 2017 are now available for Travel and Premium Site Metrics.
- Location-Based Services data for January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, July 2016, and August 2016 are now available for Travel Metrics. Please note that Standard Site Metrics remain unchanged and are derived from September 2016 Location-Based Services data.
Please reach out to your account manager with any questions about this update, or subscribe to the StreetLight Data blog to stay up-to-speed on the latest news.
As always, we are interested in hearing any questions or feedback you may have, and we hope you enjoy using StreetLight InSight!
The StreetLight Data Support Team