Dear StreetLight InSight® User:
There will be a scheduled StreetLight InSight update on Tuesday, March 28thfrom approximately 6pm to 10pm PT. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. In addition to bug fixes and performance improvements, this StreetLight InSight release includes several major updates:
New Travel Project: Visitor Home and Work Analysis
- The new “Visitor Home and Work Analysis” project type provides a set of Metrics that describe the home and work locations of visitors to specified Zones. These Metrics, also known as “Visitor Metrics,” are derived from Location-Based Services data. They are similar to our Standard Site Metrics.
- Visitor Metrics are provided as both a 1km grid and as census block groups. Also provided are Metrics for the distance distribution of the visitors, the top home ZIP codes, and the share of visitors to the Zones who are tourists.
- Check the checkbox for “Demographics” under Premium Add-on Metrics to add income, education, race, and family status attributes from the 2010 census to the standard Visitor Metrics described above.
- Currently, Visitor Metrics are available for download only. Visualizations will be introduced in a future update.
- Contact your StreetLight Data sales representative to add this project type to your account.
Updated Normalization for Location-Based Services Data
- We have updated our normalization algorithm for Travel Metrics using Location-Based Services data. This ensures that Travel Metrics derived from this data source are comparable over time.
- This update allows you to conduct accurate trend analyses for projects that use this data source. Please note that no changes were made to the normalization algorithm for Standard Site Metrics.
- As a result of this update, any Travel Metrics from projects that you previously ran using Location-Based Services data will not be comparable to Travel Metrics that you run after this release.
- To obtain updated Travel Metrics that use our new normalization factor for your older projects, please either create a new copy of the project or contact Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Navigation-GPS and Location-Based Services Data
- Navigation-GPS data for January and February 2017 are now available for Travel and Premium Site Metrics.
- Location-Based Services data for March, April, and October 2016 are now available for Travel Metrics. Standard Site Metrics remain unchanged and are derived from September 2016 Location-Based Services data.
Please reach out to your account manager with any questions about this update, or subscribe to the StreetLight Data blog to stay up-to-speed on the latest news.
As always, we are interested in hearing any questions or feedback you may have, and we hope you enjoy using StreetLight InSight!
The StreetLight Data Support Team